Thursday, November 13, 2008

Victory in Gettysburg

October 12-22 we had the privilege of being at Gettysburg Baptist Church for an 11 day conference. During that time we saw God do some great things among His people. We wanted to share one testimony from the Senior Pastor at that church. It was amazing to see what God did in the life of his son while we were there.

“Praise Adonai! I just got finished singing that song with the worship team and band. My favorite song is that song. Thank you, members of the entire team, and all of you at headquarters for your lives laid down for the Lord. Thank you for your sacrifice and dedication.
Thanks to the “Trailer People” and their families and all the members of this team and what God has done through you for my church. I see change – revival in the eyes and focus of many here at Gettysburg Baptist Church. I pray that it’s just the beginning of what will happen here and spread to Gettysburg and from there to the area. I have prayed for Gettysburg, PA, for 25 years. It is the town where the civil war changed a nation. May it be the town where revival changes a nation!
But more than anything else, praise God for my son Ty. God changed his life during these days. He is my 42 year old son, who is my assistant pastor. But he has been angry and bitter for years. I spent the past six months trying to figure out how to fire him without hurting the church. But he’s my son so I agonized over that. I’m 62 years old and my son is 42 years old. I was always hoping he would serve on this ministry, but he was so angry I could not put him in more responsibility.
This morning, with [family revivalist], as my witness, he met with me and humbled himself, got on his knees and asked my forgiveness. I got on my knees and embraced him and we wept and I forgave him. I promised a blessing on him. It is a new day in my life – I have prayed for this moment and longed for it for years. I have always felt my son will do greater things for God than I ever could. He is more talented and gifted than I am. Now I will pray and see that happen.
Then afterward, he got on his knees and asked his mother to forgive him. Her response was the same. We are thankful and praising God. I have been walking around with the greatest joy all day. Praise the Lord! Thank all of you!”

No comments: