Friday, February 6, 2009

Tabernacle Baptist Church, Ennis Texas





Yesterday afternoon we arrived in Ennis Texas after a great week in Duncan OK. Here are just a couple of the testimonies from this past week (all testimonies used with permission):

“God has used the Thirst Conference at FBC Duncan to return Joy to our family. Literally, my daughter Joy had been gripped with bitterness over many things that had happened in her past. God is faithful and He graciously brought her to a place of repentance, and gave her the grace to openly share her journey with the Thirst team. Tonight I held my daughters hand in worship and felt once again a joy in spirit and brightness in her spirit that had been gone far too long. Thank you God for proving Yourself faithful.”

“I am 27 years old and my dad is actually on staff here at FBC Duncan. I was saved at 8, married at 20, was divorced at 23, and had a baby. I began using drugs at 24 and had been until a month ago. I remarried, had another child, and went to rehab and jail. I tried to fill a God sized hole with a man-sized “thing”, my husband filed for a divorce. I’ve come back to Christ to meet the need He put there instead of trying to fill it with drugs and people. If God can come to me and change my heart, I know He can do that for anyone. God has got my attention. Praise God.”
We are looking forward to what this upcoming week has in store for all of us.

No comments: