Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Obedience



Obedience is doing exactly what I'm told to do,when I'm told to do it,with a right heart attitude.
Obedience brings blessing;disobedience brings conflict.
The first time God prompts your heart and you refuse to obey, your revived life begins to dry up and shrivel away. To delay is to disobey.
To maintain the fire of revival in your heart, you must be committed to absolute obedience to the holy God. The closer you are to God, the faster you will obey.

Insight from the Word

Deuteronomy 28:1 "And if you faithfully obey the voice of the LORD your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all nations of the earth."
1 Samuel 15:22 "Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams."
Psalm 40:6-8 "In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required. Then I said, "Behold, I have come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me: I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."
John 14:15 "If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

Making It Personal

Is there any known command of Scripture that I am not obeying?
Is there any God-ordained authority in my life (boss, parent, etc.) toward whom I do not have a submissive attitude?
Has God prompted my heart to some act of obedience which I have not gotten around to doing yet?


© Life Action Ministries: Revival Review--Keys to Continued Revival

No comments: